Moong Dal ka Halwa is a traditional sweet dish prepared during festive seasons like Raksha Bandhan, Diwali , Bhai Dooj and other auspicious days. We all like to eat something special on such occasions.
This halwa is rich in taste and contains high amounts of proteins which makes it perfect for such festivals. Nutrisoul Arjuna Ghee sourced from Gir & Sahiwal Cows milk is perfect for making these delicious desserts. Halwa made with A2 cow ghee has a unique taste and aroma which will linger in your mouth for a while.
Arjuna is a plant used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is known for its ability to improve heart health and help reduce inflammation. Cow ghee infused with arjuna has these same properties making it the perfect blend of for health and flavour..
- 1 cup moong dal, soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 2 tbsp Nutrisoul Arjuna Ghee
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp sugar (or as required)
- Grind soaked moong dal to a fine paste.
- Heat the desi ghee in a kadai or pan and add the ground dal paste to it.
- Stir continuously, so that the moisture evaporates and you get a thick consistency like halwa.
- Add cardamom powder, sugar and mix well. Cook until the mixture starts leaving oil from the sides of the pan (approx 5-8 minutes).
- Once done, transfer into a serving dish and let it cool down completely before serving garnished with chopped almonds or pistachios for added flavor and texture..
Your halwa is now ready to be served. Enjoy!